Nuenza’s Interior Designers are masters of their craft, who transform large and small spaces into rooms that cater to clients’ needs. In our case, Nuenza’s design team renovates kitchens and bathrooms, but can also create unique spaces that tie into the style of the rest of the home.
When working with Interior Designers, how will you know whether or not they’re worth the cost? It starts with knowing what designers do.
Duties & Responsibilities
Our interior design services were created to complete each project from A-Z with amazing results. Here is how our design consultant team accomplishes that:
- Visit the client’s intended space to get a sense of its functionality and how to improve it according to the client’s needs. This may also include reviewing the client’s drawings and notes of their plans.
- Have material catalogues for clients to view and offer samples related to paint, wallpaper, accents, flooring, and more.
- Assist with the selection of colour schemes, styles, themes, and layouts.
- Inform the client of pricing and work with their budget.
- Provide mock-ups using software and blueprints.
- Make suggestions and problem-solve to provide the client with solutions regarding space, materials, and more.
- Coordinate with construction teams and clients to ensure the designs can be carried out.
- Recommend contractors for the renovation of the space.
To fulfill these duties and responsibilities while delivering custom high-end products that meet the client’s satisfaction. a design consultant must have a certain level of education. Moreover, they must have developed certain skills to ensure the success of every interior design project.
Design Education & Skills
Interior Designers with a university degree tend to be more creative in their approach.
Our founder, Nancy Boudreau, has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a specialization in Design. With over 20 years in kitchen design, she knows how to make clients’ dreams become a reality. She and the experienced Nuenza team stay informed of current home design trends, colours, and architectural innovations. To get an idea of the company’s work, browse our portfolio.
It’s part of an Interior Designer’s job to communicate well with clients and fully understand their style, as well as what they want their space to have. When clients speak about incorporating elements and styles from different eras, the designer must have an extensive knowledge. It’s essential to understand the difference between industrial design versus 1950s design versus Rococo, for example.
Attentiveness is also a key quality to look for in an interior designer. The last thing you want is to have them ignore your preferences and be inflexible when anything has to change.
Like in every job, the client wants to be treated as a person, not a number. Therefore, a design consultant must be able to work well with people, from customers to artisans to contractors. Developing a rapport will create long-lasting relationships and, in turn, bring about fantastic results.
Partner with a Nuenza Interior Designer
Working with Nuenza interior designers means we will create the haven you have been longing for. We approach each project with zest and creativity. We love our work and see it as more than a job. Design embraces your freedom of expression and adds customized comfort to each space.
Our interior design team wants you to feel at home in your home. Contact us today for a free consultation!